Last Modified: May 2018
- through the Applications,
- in e-mail, text and other communications between you and the Applications, or
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other Application operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Applications.
Information We May Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Applications, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as first and last name, email address, billing information, passwords or other online contact information, any other information the Applications collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Applications, usage details, your browser type and language, access times, and the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us.
We may collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us,
- automatically, when you install an Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons or other tracking technologies, or
- from third parties, for example, other Applications controlled by us or our affiliates, our business partners or other third parties.
Information You Provide To Us
The information we collect on or through our Applications may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Applications. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Applications, subscribing to our service, posting material on message boards or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Applications.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions, if any, you may carry out through our Applications and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Applications.
- We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our Applications to send others information that may interest them or messages through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our Applications to upload, share or distribute content (including videos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing or distribution.
- When you access our Applications from a mobile device like a tablet or phone, we may receive information about your location, your device, including one or more unique identifiers for your device, and your mobile carrier. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most devices allow you to turn off location services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Applications, or transmitted to other users of the Applications or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although, we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Applications with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We May Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Applications, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Applications, including any form of aggregate data, navigational data, tracking data, location data, click-stream data, or historical data, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Applications, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information, log files and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Applications; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us. An IP, or "Internet Protocol", address is a unique number associated with your computer that may be communicated to other computers and servers when you use the Internet. The information collected may include the domain name of your internet service provider, referral data (e.g., the address of the last page you visited prior to clicking through to the Applications and the address of the exit page when you left our Applications) and browser and platform type (e.g., a Firefox browser on a Macintosh platform). We use this information to track how users are accessing and using the Applications.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party Applications or other online services (behavioral tracking). See "Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information" below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Applications and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Applications and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Applications according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Applications.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web browser or downloaded to your device when you visit an Application. Cookies are then sent back to the originating Applications on each subsequent visit, or to another Applications that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow an Application to recognize a user’s device. Cookies might be used for the following purposes: (i) to enable certain functions; (ii) to provide analytics; (iii) to store your preferences; and (iv) to enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising.
- Cookies that are strictly necessary: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Applications. These include, for example, cookies that enable a user to log into the members’ area of our Applications and to check if a user is allowed access to a particular service or content.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of users and to see how users use and explore our Applications. These cookies help us to improve our Applications, for example by ensuring that all users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: We are always glad to see you back. This type of cookies allows us to recognize you when you return to our Applications in order to greet you by name and to remember, for example, your choice of language.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record the visit of a user on our Applications, the pages a user has visited and the links a user has followed in order to enable us to make our Applications more relevant to the users’ interests. In addition, these cookies are used to identify the Applications and the marketing materials you are accessing our Applications from in order to target content (for example, to automatically show you our Applications according to your language settings).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Applications may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Applications. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see "Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information".
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Applications and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, single-pixel gifs and web bugs) that are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in an email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages or opened an e-mail, to understand usage patterns and for other related Applications statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Applications content and verifying system and server integrity). We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Applications.
- Device identifiers. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Applications, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, or remotely store one or more "device identifiers". Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by the Applications. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Applications and may help others or us provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Applications may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled..
- Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Contributions. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Contribution was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Contribution including a hashtag, comments or other data. This makes your User Contribution more searchable by others and more interactive.
We currently use the following types of cookies
The information generated by Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies about your use of the Applications (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case of activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate / anonymize the last octet of a particular IP address. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Applications, compiling reports on Applications’ activity and providing other services relating to Applications’ activity and internet usage to the Applications. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin?hl=en, you can permanently opt out of the DoubleClick cookie. The plugin lets you keep your opt-out status even when you clear all cookies.
Please note that on these Applications, for some countries Google Analytics code may be supplemented by "gat._anonymizeIp();" to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see "Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information".
Collection and Sharing of Location Information: In addition to other information described in this policy, we may collect and share precise location information, through methods such as mobile "SDKs" (mobile technologies that operate similar to web-based "cookies"). This location information may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with mobile identifiers (such as IDFAs and Android IDs), and shared with Cuebiq Inc., for purposes related to advertising, analytics, attribution (e.g., measuring ad performance), analytics and research. You can remove your consent to having your location data collected by changing the settings on your device. (Certain services may lose functionality as a result.) You can "opt out" of various third party uses Apple’s and Android’s advertising identifiers through device settings, as well.
Your location information may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with mobile identifiers (such as IDFAs and Android IDs), and shared with Cuebiq Inc., for purposes related to advertising, analytics, attribution (e.g., measuring ad performance), analytics and research.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Applications and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- to provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to notify you about changes to our Applications or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Applications;
- to perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- to determine whether users of the Applications are unique, or whether the same user is using the Applications on multiple occasions;
- 〈 to track usage throughout various components of the Applications (e.g., tracking where traffic comes from, how traffic flows within the Applications, etc.);
- to monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, demographic patterns, etc.;
- to communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliates or other third parties;
- to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Applications and other sites;
- to verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to manage our business;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see "Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information".
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on the Applications or while using our services.
We may transfer your information and process it outside your country of residence, wherever the Applications, its affiliates and service providers operate.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our Applications and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, risk and fraud detection and mitigation, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Applications functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Applications. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Applications’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or other judicial or administrative order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law (including responding to any government or regulatory request). In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- 〈 When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to maintain and protect the security and integrity of our Applications or infrastructure; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement, government or regulatory agencies; or to enforce our Applications terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
How We Store Your Information
The information that we collect about you, including personal information, may be stored and processed in any country in which we, our affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard the information that we collect about you from unauthorized access and disclosure secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. Furthermore, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our Applications. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain personal information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Applications because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Applications.
- You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- You may permanently opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at Google Analytics opt-out page. The plugin lets you keep your opt-out status even when you clear all cookies.
- When you register on our Applications, you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages, newsletters or both about product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special distributions of content by us. If you no longer want to receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us, you will need to avail yourself of the unsubscribe mechanism set out in the applicable communication. It may take up to seven days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- If you submit personal information, you may delete your account with us at any time. If you delete your account, your personal information and any and all other account related information including, but not limited to, user profile data, sharing data and any other data, or content specifically associated with your account will no longer be accessible by you. After deleting your account, if you choose to have an account with us in the future, you will have to sign up for a new account as none of the information you previously provided or saved within your account will have been saved.
- You can disable the location services on your mobile device or tablet. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Applications like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Applications.
We want you to feel confident using our Applications. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications would always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Applications.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may, at any time, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete certain personal information that you have provided to us, except personal information or data that is necessary for administration purposes or for fraud prevention measures. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Applications, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Applications’ users.
Third Party Login Functionality
We may permit users with accounts on certain third party services, including but not limited to, social networking, search, sharing, and other services delivered by third parties, to bypass the standard applicable registration process. If you connect through an authorized third party service, you will be able to use your third party login information to log in to your account or access our content and Applications. We are not responsible for the sharing, posting, commenting, or other content and information gathering practices of any third party services that may be triggered by using these third party login services. Please review their terms of service and privacy policies carefully before using third party login functionality to access our Applications.
No Rights of Third Parties
Our Policy Towards Children
Our Applications are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If you become aware that your child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that a child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’ s account.
No Error Free Performance
Your Rights Related to Your Personal Information
Subject to local law, you have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose and that is related to you, including the right
- to receive information on the Personal Information concerning we hold about you and how such Personal Information is used (right to access);
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Information concerning you (right to data rectification);
- to delete/erase your Personal Information (right to erasure/deletion, right to be forgotten);
- to receive the Personal Information provided by you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those Personal Information to another data controller (right to data portability)
- to object to the use of your Personal Information where such use is based on our legitimate interests or on public interests (right to object); and
- in some cases, to restrict our use of your Personal Information (right to restriction of processing)
If we ask for your consent to use your Personal Information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Note that in case of a withdrawal of your consent you may no longer able to use several functionalities of our Website and our services.
You may, at any time, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your above rights in accordance with the applicable legal requirements and limitations. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Note that some requests to delete certain Personal Information will require the deletion of your user account as the provision of user accounts are inextricable linked to the use of certain Personal Information (e.g., your e-mail address). Also note that it is possible that we require additional information from you in order to verify your authorization to make the request and to honor your request.